Saturday, April 29th, 8:00 a.m., Vulture’s Knob
Vultures Knob Mountain Bike Park plays host to the Dirty Bird Trail Race just outside of Wooster, OH. The course is definitely going to ruffle your feathers! The Knob is considered the most unusual technical single track in Northeastern Ohio. Small painted signs give indication about what to expect around the next turn, with names like Rock Tunnel, Fern Gully, Oh Sh#!, the Cradle, Friar Bryan’s Forest, Ant City …well, you get the idea. This course is creative and fun. Technical descents, steady uphill climbs, log bridges, and even a suspension bridge provide the perfect setting for a 10 mile trail race. Migrate towards this Dirty Trail Race for a dirty fun time!
Dirty Bird offers a 5K distance on the same twisty trails as the 15K. Looking for more distance? The Do Do Bird option combines both races for a wing-flapping 20K!
Bring your hatchlings out to Vulture’s knob and give them a taste of the trails at The Baby Bird. This one mile trail fun run is great for all ages. They’ll wear their race tee with pride and be chirping with excitement for weeks!
- 15K (9:00 start)
- 5K (8:00 start)
- 1 Mile (10:30 start)
- Race day starting at 7:00
- Vulture’s Knob
4300 Mechanicsburg Rd.
Wooster, OH 44691
- 15K and 5K – Top 3 overall male and female, then 1st place in following 5-year age groups:
14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70+
- 1 Mile – All kids will receive a participant ribbon
- 15K – Long sleeve tech tee
- 5k – Short sleeve tech tee
- Do Do Bird participants receive swag for the 15K distance.
- Participants who sign up during early or regular registration are guaranteed the advertised swag in their chosen size.
- Participants who sign up during late registration may be offered an alternative swag item.
- 15K- $40 Early Registration / $45 April 20 – 28 / $50 race day
- 5K – $25 Early Registration / $30 April 20 – 28 / $35 race day
- 1 Mile – Only $10