What’s new for 2023? More options for you!
OHIO ENDURANCE SERIES
- Swag – Two New Options! Race Tech Tee is back and we have added a nice race specific tri blend tee if you are not into tech tees. Not into tees at all? Go for premium swag – a lightweight OES quarter zip. Lots of options!
- Endurance Athletes of the Year – Participate in 4 events to qualify and have a chance to be an Ohio Endurance Athlete of the Year!
- Not that much into swag or need to save a few bucks? Pick no swag and take $5 off your registration.
- Bib Transfers are OK with us, deferrals are OK with us, dogs are OK with us, and we now offer race insurance for those times that just don’t go as planned!
SPRING RUNNING SERIES
- Triple 5 is now the Spring Running Series, on Tuesday evenings in May at 6:45pm. This should give you enough time after work. It’s a chip start, so no worries if you’re a little late.
BURNING RIVER MARATHON
- Burning River now includes a Marathon, in addition to the 100M, 50M, Back Half 50M, and 8 Person Relay. Limited spots this year so get in while you can and with the best pricing.
AID STATION UPGRADES
- Water Stops
- 5oz instead of 7oz cups eliminates overfilling and waste
- Cups made from recycled materials
- Aid Station Foods
- Standardized layout arranging foods from sweet to salty, with foods and fluids always in the same positions
- Packaged single serve food options make it easy to grab and go
- More hot and substantial foods offered at earlier aid stations
- Waste is now separated for recycling
- Open foods are sent home with volunteers for consumption instead of waste
- Bulk foods are purchased in quantities to minimize likelihood of waste
WEBSITE UPDATED LOOK
- Our website has an updated look, with better readability and more content. Course maps and elevation profiles are being added for each race too!
AGES GROUPS AWARDS CHANGES
- Look for more awards at every race this year! We recognize that coming in 2nd or 3rd in your age group with no award isn’t fun! Also being 68 and competing against a 60 year old is no fun! So for 2023, all races will include awards for Top 3 Overall plus Top 3 in Age Groups in 5-year bands.
NEW RACE IN A NEW STATE PARK LOCATION
- Introducing a new addition to the Ohio Endurance Series – Best of the West Marathon & Half Marathon will be held at West Branch State Park on Saturday, September 16th! Don’t miss your chance to hike this brand new section of the Buckeye Trail. Hikers welcome for the Half Marathon.
PARTICIPATE FOR FREE PROGRAM
- If you would like to participate in one of our events and are not able to financially afford the registration fees, reach out to us. We will consider having you participate for free. All requests will be kept confidential. Please include information that may help us in the selection process as we have a limited number of spots per race available for this program.