Tuesday evenings in May
Munroe Falls Metro Park
5 Mile Trail Races
The Spring Running Series takes place on Tuesday evenings May 2nd, 9th, and 16th, at Munroe Falls Metro Park. Offering a diverse and challenging terrain for runners and hikers at all levels, the series fits easily into many spring training plans – though the trails are so peaceful and scenic that you will forget that you are training! You will be scored weekly, with final results tallied for series awards after the final race. More seasoned participants will appreciate the age-graded scoring at race #2! After you complete your midweek outing watching the sun set over the lake, join fellow trail friends for a post-race meetup at a local brewpub!
2023 SPRING RUNNING SERIES EVENTS
- Tuesday, May 2nd, 6:45 P.M.
- Tuesday, May 9th, 6:45 P.M.
- Tuesday, May 16th, 6:45 P.M.
As the sounds of spring peepers and songbirds fill the air, the trail takes you through meadows and forests, past Beaver and Heron Ponds where you’ll have a chance to see turtles and salamanders along the way. Covering the same five miles of trails each week, you will watch the progress of the trees and flowers in bloom as well as your own progress – as you challenge yourself to get faster with each race.
Click to view the 2023 Spring Running Series course maps:
Donations benefit the Summit Metro Parks Foundation.
Series participants receive an anorak jacket that conveniently packs into its own front zippered pocket (unisex sizing XSmall – 2XLarge).
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 1 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
29 & Under, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
- SCORING: You will earn points by your placement by gender. Overall scoring will be ranked with 1st place earning 50 points, 2nd place earns 49 points… (minimum of one point earned per race). Age group scoring will be ranked with 1st place earning 10 points, 2nd place earns 9 points… (minimum of one point earned per race).
- Week One – Points Ranked by Overall Placement
- Week Two – Points Ranked by Age Graded Placement
- Week Three – Points Ranked by Overall Placement
- AGE GRADED SCORING EXPLAINED:
- You will earn an age graded score (a percentage) and overall placements by gender will be determined by this score. Top person earns 50 points, second place earns 49 points… (minimum of one point earned per race).
- Age grading uses tables of “age factors” and “age standards” to put all runners, regardless of age and sex, on a level playing field. In particular, they allow runners’ performances, no matter what their age, to be corrected to what they would have been achieving in their prime years, and permit valid comparisons to be made between people of different ages.
- Early Registration (through April 1)
- Series – $90
- Regular Registration
- Series (April 2-21) – $100
- Race #1 (through April 21) – $30
- Race #2 (through April 28) – $30
- Race #3 (through May 5) – $30
- Late Registration
- Series (April 22 – May 2) – $110
- Race #1 (April 22 – May 2) – $35
- Race #2 (April 29 – May 9) – $35
- Race #3 (May 6-16) – $35
RACE DAY DETAILS
- Start Time: 6:45 P.M. No cutoff time.
- Packet Pickup: Race Day beginning at 5:30 P.M.
- Water Stations: Water stations located on course. Participants are encouraged to carry a water bottle.