Tuesday evenings in May
Munroe Falls Metro Park
5 Mile Trail Races
The Spring Running Series will be held on Tuesday evenings during the month of May. Each will be a 5 mile course at Munroe Falls Metro Park. The park’s well groomed trails are perfect for beginners as well as seasoned runners. This series works well with many Spring training plans – see if you can improve your finish time at the 2nd and 3rd races!
2023 SPRING RUNNING SERIES EVENTS
- Tuesday, May 2nd, 6:45 P.M.
- Tuesday, May 9th, 6:45 P.M.
- Tuesday, May 16th, 6:45 P.M.
2023 course maps coming soon!
Donations benefit the Summit Metro Parks Foundation.
Series participants receive an anorak jacket that conveniently packs into its own front zippered pocket (unisex sizing XSmall – 2XLarge).
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 1 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
29 & Under, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
- SCORING: You will earn points by your placement by gender. Overall scoring will be ranked with 1st place earning 50 points, 2nd place earns 49 points… (minimum of one point earned per race). Age group scoring will be ranked with 1st place earning 10 points, 2nd place earns 9 points… (minimum of one point earned per race).
- Week One – Points Ranked by Overall Placement
- Week Two – Points Ranked by Age Graded Placement
- Week Three – Points Ranked by Overall Placement
- AGE GRADED SCORING EXPLAINED:
- You will earn an age graded score (a percentage) and overall placements by gender will be determined by this score. Top person earns 50 points, second place earns 49 points… (minimum of one point earned per race).
- Age grading uses tables of “age factors” and “age standards” to put all runners, regardless of age and sex, on a level playing field. In particular, they allow runners’ performances, no matter what their age, to be corrected to what they would have been achieving in their prime years, and permit valid comparisons to be made between people of different ages.
- Early Registration (through April 1)
- Series – $90
- Regular Registration
- Series (April 2-21) – $100
- Race #1 (through April 21) – $30
- Race #2 (through April 28) – $30
- Race #3 (through May 5) – $30
- Late Registration
- Series (April 22 – May 2) – $110
- Race #1 (April 22 – May 2) – $35
- Race #2 (April 29 – May 9) – $35
- Race #3 (May 6-16) – $35
RACE DAY DETAILS
- Start Time: 6:45 P.M. No cutoff time.
- Packet Pickup: Race Day beginning at 5:30 P.M.
- Water Stations: Water stations located on course. Participants are encouraged to carry a water bottle.