Sat, October 28, 2023
Trail Half Marathon
Part of the Dirty Trail Series – Hikers welcome!
The Chippewa Creek Challenge Half Marathon will allow you to explore many of the trails throughout the Brecksville Reservation of the Cleveland Metroparks. Leaf peepers and fall lovers will enjoy viewing the autumn scenery and gorgeous multicolored foliage along the way.
Why a salamander in the race logo? Brecksville Reservation has vernal pools with Spotted, Redback, and Jefferson varieties of Salamanders. In the spring, thousands of salamanders undergo a trek from their home in the woods to the vernal breeding pools. Not only are they just the cutest little animals but can you believe they have been on the Earth for more years than we have existed in days!
2023 course map coming soon!
Donations benefit the Trails Division of Cleveland Metroparks.
Something awesome TBD and a finisher medal!
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
29 & Under, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
BECOME A DIRTY VIP
Dirty Trail Series VIP Members receive the following benefits:
- Entry to all 2023 Dirty Trail Series events
- An additional entry to Muddy Paws 2 Mile Dog Run
- 50% one-time discount on Dirty merchandise
- 15% discount on a pair of trail shoes at Vertical Runner
- Swag for each race
- Special VIP race bib
- Invitation to the Dirty Series Awards Party (includes lunch and raffle)
- $370 value for $300 (19% savings!)
When you register for Chippewa, select the Dirty VIP Membership Bundle.
- Early Registration (through September 27): $65
- Regular Registration (September 28 – October 17): $70
- Late Registration (October 18-28): $75
RACE DAY DETAILS
- Start Time: 9:00 A.M. No cutoff time.
- Packet Pickup: 7:30 A.M.
- Fluid stations on course will stock water, sports drink, and gels. An additional snack will be served at the finish line. Participants are encouraged to carry water.
- Chippewa Creek Challenge is part of the Dirty Trail Series, featuring races from 5k to half marathon distances on some of the best hiking and bridle trails in Northeast Ohio.