Managing a race takes many hours of planning and up-front expenses. We want to be flexible and accommodate as many of the participants’ personal needs as possible. As it gets closer to an event’s date, it becomes very difficult for us to accommodate everyone’s needs. Thus, we respectfully have the following policies for all races.
- If a race is cancelled due to inclement weather, trail conditions, or circumstances beyond our control, registrants will be offered a 1 year deferral/race credit toward any WRR event. Entry fees will not be refunded. Participants can self-manage deferrals through their RSU account following these instructions.
- Registrants may get a 1 year deferral/race credit equal to 50% of their registration fee to be used toward any WRR event. Registrants must initiate the deferral at least 30 days before race day and self-manage through their RSU account following these instructions. Does not apply to Burning River 100M/50M Endurance Runs & Relay (No Deferrals).
TO CLAIM A DEFERRAL
- To claim a deferral, follow these instructions.
- Registration must be open for the event you want to register for.
- If your deferral shows $0 race credit, email us and we will be happy to assist you.
- Once a deferral is claimed, it cannot be moved to another race.
- RSU can not refund the difference if you defer to an event of lower value. RSU can not split race credit between two events. We suggest choosing a race that is of comparable or greater value when claiming your race credit.
- Please contact us with questions or if you need assistance with a deferral.
- Bibs may be transferred between registrants for a $20 fee. For races with entry fees less than $65, the fee is discounted to $10. The original registrant will receive a refund once the recipient of the transfer registers for the race. Registrants must initiate the transfer at least 10 days before race day and self-manage bib transfers through their RSU account following these instructions. Does not apply to Burning River 100M/50M solo participants, but Burning River Relay participants may transfer bibs with no 10-day deadline.
SOLD OUT RACES – WAIT LIST
- If a race is sold out, a wait list will be turned on. Existing registrants may give up their spot and request a refund for a fee of $20. For races with entry fees less than $65, the fee is discounted to $10. A refund will not be given until someone registers to fill their spot. When a race is sold out, participants wanting to give up their spot and request a refund will do so through their RSU account following these instructions.
- No refunds of entry fees.
- Burning River 100 Mile and 50 Mile participants may get a 50% refund of their registration fee. Registrants must initiate the refund no later than May 31 and self-manage through their RSU account following these instructions.
- Swag will be available at packet pickup and on race day. WRR is unable to deliver, ship, or arrange swag pickup after the completion of an event.
- We allow dogs to run in races under 25k on the condition that they are kept on a non-retractable lead. Participants running with their furry friends may also be asked start the race in a separate wave, about 1-2 minutes behind the main start. The exception to the wave start is our Muddy Paws race, which is designed to accommodate dogs. Dogs are not permitted at any events held at Camp Manatoc.