Managing a race takes many hours of planning and up-front expenses. We want to be flexible and accommodate as many of the participants’ personal needs as possible. As it gets closer to an event’s date, it becomes very difficult for us to accommodate everyone’s needs. Thus, we respectfully have the following policies for all races.
*Burning River Endurance Run & Relay policies are posted HERE
- No refunds of entry fees.
- We encourage you to purchase race insurance which is offered during registration for races of Half Marathon distance and up.
- Thirty days or more prior to the race date, participants may get a one year deferral credit of 50% of their registration fee to be used toward any WRR event through RunSignup.
- To claim a deferral:
- Registration must be open for the event you want to register for.
- Once a deferral is claimed, it cannot be moved to another race.
- RunSignup cannot refund the difference if you defer to an event of lower value. RunSignup cannot split race credit between two events. We suggest choosing a race that is of comparable or greater value when claiming your race credit.
- Participants can transfer their bib for a $20 fee at least three days before race day through RunSignup. For races with entry fees less than $65, the fee is discounted to $10.
SOLD OUT RACES – WAIT LIST
- If a race is sold out, a wait list will be turned on. Participants may give up their spot and request a refund for a fee of $20 through RunSignup. For races with entry fees less than $65, the fee is discounted to $10. A refund will not be given until someone registers to fill their spot.
- There is no race day registration for sold out races.
- If a race is canceled, participants will be offered a one year deferral credit toward any WRR event. If a race must be canceled after it starts, there are no deferrals or refunds.
RESCHEDULED RACE POLICY
- If a race is rescheduled, participants will automatically be registered on the new date. Prior to the new date, participants may defer to the following year’s race or transfer their bib with no transfer fee through RunSignup.
- Swag is available at packet pickup and on race day only. WRR is unable to deliver, ship, or arrange swag pickup after the completion of an event.
- We allow dogs to run in races on the condition that they are kept on a non-retractable lead. Participants may also be asked to start the race in a separate wave, about 1-2 minutes behind the main start. The exception to the wave start is our Muddy Paws race, which is designed to accommodate dogs.
CUTOFF TIME POLICY
- Finish line and aid station cutoff times are firm. Course markings, aid stations, and race support will not be available after the cutoff time for each area. If a participant finishes after the cutoff time, they are welcome to have a finisher medal. For participants still on course after a designated cutoff time, our staff will remain at the finish line for two hours. If a participant chooses to continue after an area’s cutoff time, the participant accepts the responsibility to know the course and their ability to complete it without any support. When the final participants are ahead of the cutoff times, course sweeps may follow these participants within a reasonable distance.
CHANGING DISTANCES & DROPPING OUT OF A RACE
- Participants are welcome to change event distances prior to, and only prior to, the start of the race.
- If a participant drops from the race, they are welcome to a finisher medal that corresponds to the distance completed.
- Results will be posted for all starters. Results will show ranking mid race with participants having the letters DNF displayed (Did Not Finish Yet). If a participant drops, their result will show through the last timing point completed.