Sat, June 10, 2023
Sun, June 11, 2023
Salt Fork State Park
50k, 20 Mile & 10 Mile Trail Race
Part of the Ohio Endurance Series – Hikers welcome in the 10 Miler!
Bring your sense of adventure and “get squatchy” with us at the Summer Sasquatch 50k, 20 & 10M at Salt Fork State Park, Ohio’s largest park and home of Ohio’s largest creature. This challenging race will test your limits with a 10.4-mile loop course over the rolling hills of the park’s hiking and bridle trails. Yes, there will be mud, and this course is known for eating trail shoes! Participate on Saturday AND Sunday and get 50% off the Sunday 10 Miler.
Salt Fork Lake provides a serene backdrop as you conquer this beastly course. With three distances to choose from, there’s something for everyone at Summer Sasquatch. For the brave and determined, the 50k distance will take you through three loops, with over 4,000 feet of elevation gain. The 20-mile option provides a slightly less grueling two loop challenge, and the 10-mile event is perfect for those seeking a shorter but still exhilarating race. Hikers are welcome to join in on the fun!
Click here to view the 2023 Summer Sasquatch course map: 10M = one loop; 20M = two loops; 50k = three loops
Salt Fork Lodge offers great rooms at reasonable prices. Enjoy a meal in the restaurant, relax in the indoor/outdoor pool, and have some fun in the game room and outdoors. To get the special discounted rate, you must call the reservation line at 740-435-9000 to reserve your room under the Western Reserve Racing Summer Sasquatch block. A deposit is due at the time the reservation is made, and the deposit is fully refundable up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
Donations benefit Guernsey County Sheriff’s Mounted Search and Rescue.
- Summer Sasquatch Short Sleeve Tech Tee (women’s or unisex)
- Summer Sasquatch Triblend Tee (unisex)
- Ohio Endurance Series Lightweight Quarter Zip (unisex) – $10 premium
SASQUATCH FUN FACTS
- Salt Fork State Park is the largest park in Ohio, and it is the home of Ohio’s largest creature.
- Sasquatch – aka Bigfoot, Yeti, Ohio Grassman – is 6-8 feet tall, with footprints 13-17 inches long, and is rumored to have lived in Ohio since the mid-1700’s.
- With over 36 sightings reported since the mid-1980’s, Salt Fork is known as the Bigfoot Capital of Ohio. There’s even a park map that shows the areas of the sightings.
- Since 2005, Salt Fork has annually hosted the world’s longest running Bigfoot conference, as well as Bigfoot Night Hikes and Bigfoot Adventure Weekends.
- The park’s annual Creature Weekend is dedicated to Cryptozoology, the study of hidden animals like Bigfoot that have yet to be identified by science or are thought to be extinct.
- Several TV specials about Sasquatch have been filmed at Salt Fork.
- It is no surprise that in 2012 Salt Fork State Park was named one of USA Today’s Top Ten “Squatchiest” Places!
Awards for each event:
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
29 & Under, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
ENDURANCE ATHLETES OF THE YEAR
Participate in 4 events to qualify and have a chance to be an Ohio Endurance Athlete of the Year! Qualifiers receive a trading card with your photo and Ohio Endurance Series race stats. Awards will be given for the Top 5 Overall, Top 1 Masters, Top 1 Grand Master.
- SAVE 50% on Sunday’s 10 Miler when you sign up for a Saturday event too
- EARLY REGISTRATION (through May 11)
- 50k – $80
- 20 mile – $70
- 10 mile – $45
- REGULAR REGISTRATION (May 12-31)
- 50k – $90
- 20 mile – $75
- 10 mile – $50
- LATE REGISTRATION (June 1-11)
- 50k – $95
- 20 mile – $80
- 10 mile – $55
RACE DAY DETAILS
- START TIME
- Saturday 50k & 20 mile – 7:30 A.M. (8.5 hour cutoff)
- Saturday 10 mile – 7:45 A.M. (8.25 hour cutoff)
- Sunday 10 mile – 9:00 A.M. (5 hour cutoff)
- PACKET PICKUP
- Location: Salt Fork Lodge 4th floor (the Summit Room)
- Friday: 6:00-8:00 P.M.
- Saturday: 6:00-7:45 A.M. and 6:30-7:30 P.M.
- Sunday: 8:00-9:00 A.M.
- AID STATIONS (located at start/finish and mile 6 of each 10 mile loop) will be fully stocked with water, orange Tailwind, gels, pop, and electrolytes, as well as a variety of sweet and salty snacks (pickles, chips, cookies). Bean burritos and Sno-Cones will be served at the finish line. All participants are encouraged to carry water.
- DROP BAGS: Participants may have a drop bag that is accessible at the completion of each 10 mile loop. Mark your drop bag with your name and bib number and bring it to the start of the race.
- Summer Sasquatch is part of the Ohio Endurance Series, featuring fully supported trail races of varying distance and difficulty in the best parks throughout Ohio.