Sat, May 13, 2023
Hudson Springs Park
5k & 10k Groomed Trail
Join us at Race for the Parks 5k & 10k and celebrate springtime amid the blooming trees and flowers at Hudson’s gem, Hudson Springs Park. Make a day of it with your friends or family. Sign up together as a social team (team awards offered!) and start the morning on a beautiful course, followed by a visit to historic downtown Hudson for brunch and browsing in a shopping district as meticulously maintained as the park.
The course is a unique combination of non-technical groomed trail and adjacent neighborhood roads, offering a variety of terrain perfect for all paces, from walkers to seasoned runners. Think of it as a stroll through the park with a few hills mixed in for variety and to challenge you! Choose one loop for the 5k or two loops for the 10k and enjoy stunning views along the park’s 50-acre lake and through the forest. You may even spot a fox or deer in the woods or a heron soaring overhead.
Click here to view the 2023 Race for the Parks course map: 5k = one loop; 10k = two loops
Donations benefit Friends of Hudson Parks!
Participants receive a finisher medal and 14oz glass tumbler featuring one of four iconic areas in our local parks:
- Everett Road Covered Bridge
- Signal Tree
- Towpath Trail
- Brandywine Falls
Or get the Complete Set! ($20 premium)
Awards for each event:
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
Team Award for each event:
- Fastest team gets 25% off next year’s race!
- To be eligible for awards, team must have a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 members
- Top 3 team members will be scored and must include at least 1 female
- Regular Registration (through May 2)
5k – $25
10k – $35
- Late Registration (May 3-13)
5k – $30
10k – $40
RACE DAY DETAILS
- Start Time: 8:00 A.M. No cutoff time.
- Early Packet Pickup: Thursday and Friday 12:00-7:00 P.M. at Vertical Runner Hudson
- Race Day Packet Pickup begins at 7:00 A.M.
- Fluid Stations are located on the course at miles 1.5, 2.25, 3.1, 4.5, and 5.5. Participants are encouraged to carry a water bottle. A variety of sweet and salty treats will be provided at the finish line.
- Race for the Parks is one of several Western Reserve Racing chip-timed road races designed for casual runners and walkers, as well as more competitive participants.