Sat, November 11, 2023
Burr Oak State Park
Trail Marathon & Half Marathon
Part of the Ohio Endurance Series – Hikers welcome in the Half Marathon!
Prepare to immerse yourself in the rugged beauty of Burr Oak State Park at the Bobcat Trail Marathon & Half Marathon. This event offers a unique opportunity for trail running enthusiasts and hikers to experience the wild and challenging terrain of Ohio wilderness. The marathon’s single-loop course provides a diverse and scenic adventure, featuring rolling hills, several creek crossings, and portions of the Buckeye Trail. The half marathon offers an equally thrilling point-to-point experience on the same trails as the marathon.
This race is all about embracing the untamed beauty of Burr Oak – 90% of the course is pure trail! Whether you’re a seasoned trail runner, a hiker, or new to the trails, all are welcome and encouraged to come and experience the Bobcat adventure at your own pace. The Bobcat Trail Marathon & Half Marathon is your chance to get wild, be challenged, and reconnect with nature on an extraordinary course in one of Ohio’s most pristine state parks.
The marathon is a single loop course that is 90% trail and 10% asphalt. The half marathon is a point to point on the same trails. It will be well marked!
- GPX FILES (May not reflect any last minute course changes – RaceJoy and course markings are the best options):
- ELEVATION PROFILE:
- Marathon Ascent Rate = 110 ft/mi
- Marathon Total Ascent/Descent = 2772 ft / 2772 ft
- Half Marathon Ascent Rate = 85 ft/mile
- Half Marathon Total Ascent/Descent = 1492 ft / 1430 ft
Burr Oak Lodge offers great rooms at reasonable prices and features a restaurant, indoor pool, and plenty of outdoor activities. To get the special race discount, you must call the reservation line at 740-767-2112 and ask for the Bobcat Marathon room block (you will not receive this discount if you book online). The lodge typically sells out on race weekend and requires a two-night stay. Click here for more Bobcat lodging options.
Donations support Burr Oak Alive!
- Bobcat Long Sleeve Tech Tee (women’s or unisex)
- Bobcat Triblend Tee (unisex)
- Ohio Endurance Series Lightweight Quarter Zip (unisex) – $10 premium
Awards for each event:
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
29 & Under, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
ENDURANCE ATHLETES OF THE YEAR
Participate in 4 events to qualify and have a chance to be an Ohio Endurance Athlete of the Year! Qualifiers receive a trading card with your photo and Ohio Endurance Series race stats. Awards will be given for the Top 5 Overall, Top 1 Masters, Top 1 Grand Master.
- EARLY REGISTRATION (through October 11)
- Marathon – $75
- Half Marathon – $65
- REGULAR REGISTRATION (October 12-31)
- Marathon – $85
- Half Marathon – $70
- LATE REGISTRATION (November 1-11)
- Marathon – $90
- Half Marathon – $75
RACE DAY DETAILS
- PACKET PICKUP
- Friday 6:00-8:00 P.M. at Burr Oak Lodge
- Saturday 7:30-9:00 A.M. at Shelter House at Dock 4 Marina (Half Marathon only)
- Saturday 6:30-8:00 A.M. at Burr Oak Lodge
- START TIME
- Marathon: 8:00 A.M. (8 hour cutoff); Burr Oak Lodge, 10220 Burr Oak Lodge Rd, Glouster, OH 45732
- Half Marathon: 9:00 A.M. (7 hour cutoff); Shelter House at Dock 4 Marina, 5250 Beach Rd, Glouster, OH 45732
- Course Closure: 4:00 P.M.
- AID STATIONS
- Marathon aid stations are located at Miles 4.9, 10.5, 13, 18.75, and 21.5
- Half Marathon aid stations are located at Miles 4.9 and 10.5
- Aid Stations will be fully stocked with water, pop, Tailwind, electrolytes, and a variety of sweet and salty snacks. Chicken chili and vegetarian chili will be served at the finish line. All participants are encouraged to carry water.
- DROP BAGS
- Half Marathon participants may leave a drop bag at the start line and we will have it waiting for you at the finish line. Mark your bag with your name and bib number.
- There is no drop bag service for Marathon participants.
- HALF MARATHON TRANSPORTATION
- The start of the Half Marathon is at the Dock 4 Marina located at 5250 Beach Rd in Glouster, about a 25 minute drive from the lodge. Half Marathon participants should park (or be dropped off) at the Marina. There is plenty of parking. You can take the lodge shuttle back to the Marina after you finish but note that there can be up to an hour wait. You may want to pack a drop bag with a change of clothes for the finish line. Only lodge/cabin guests may take the lodge shuttle in the morning to the start of the race (lodge guests must reserve morning shuttle HERE).
- Marathon participants will start and finish at the Lodge and will not require transportation.
- Bobcat Trail Marathon & Half Marathon is part of the Ohio Endurance Series, featuring fully supported trail races of varying distance and difficulty in the best parks throughout Ohio.