Sat, November 11, 2023
Burr Oak State Park
Trail Marathon & Half Marathon
Part of the Ohio Endurance Series – Hikers welcome in the Half Marathon!
The Bobcat Trail Marathon is a single loop course with rolling hills and several creek crossings, entirely within Burr Oak State Park. You will explore hiking and bridle trails as well as portions of the Buckeye Trail.
The course is approximately 90% trail and 10% asphalt, and it will be well-marked. This marathon will challenge you. The Half Marathon is a point to point on the same trails as the Marathon. Hikers welcome!
2023 Course Maps coming soon!
Burr Oak Lodge offers great rooms at reasonable prices and features a restaurant, indoor pool, and plenty of outdoor activities. To get the special race discount, you must call the reservation line at 740-767-2112 and ask for the Bobcat Marathon room block (you will not receive this discount if you book online). The lodge typically sells out on race weekend and requires a two-night stay. Click here for other Bobcat Marathon lodging options.
HALF MARATHON TRANSPORTATION
The start of the Half Marathon is at the Dock 4 Marina located at 5250 Beach Rd in Glouster, about a 25 minute drive from the lodge. Half Marathon participants should park (or be dropped off) at the Marina. There is plenty of parking. You can take the lodge shuttle back to the Marina after you finish but note that there can be up to an hour wait. You may want to pack a drop bag with a change of clothes for the finish line. Only lodge/cabin guests may take the lodge shuttle in the morning to the start of the race. Marathon participants will start and finish at the Lodge and will not require transportation.
Donations support Burr Oak Alive!
Awards given for each event:
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 1 Master Male and Female
- Top 1 Grand Master Male and Female
- Top 1 Male and Female in each of the following age groups:
24 and under, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70+
Marathon: Top Male and Female receive free entry to the following year’s race
- Early Registration (through October 11)
Marathon – $75
Half Marathon – $65
- Regular Registration (October 12-31)
Marathon – $85
Half Marathon – $70
- Late Registration (November 1-11)
Marathon – $90
Half Marathon – $75
- Marathon: 8:00 A.M. (8 hour cutoff); Burr Oak Lodge, 10220 Burr Oak Lodge Rd, Glouster, OH 45732
- Half Marathon: 9:00 A.M. (7 hour cutoff); Shelter House at Dock 4 Marina, 5250 Beach Rd, Glouster, OH 45732
- Course Closure: 4:00 P.M.
- Marathon aid stations are located at miles 4.2, 9.8, 13, 18.3, and 21
- Half Marathon aid stations are located at miles 5.5 and 8
- Aid stations will be fully stocked with water, sports drink, gels, pop, and electrolytes, as well as a variety of sweet and salty snacks (pickles, chips, cookies). An additional food item will be served at the finish line. All participants are encouraged to carry water.
- Half Marathon participants may bring a drop bag to the start line and we will have it waiting for you at the finish.
- There is no drop bag service for Marathon participants.
For all the race details, visit the Bobcat registration site.