Sat, April 8, 2023
50k & 25k Trail Race
Part of the Ohio Endurance Series – Hikers welcome in the 25k!
The Fools 50k & 25k Trail Run through Camp Manatoc is 100% trails (with a road crossing or two) and is very runnable. There are some highly technical single track trails and some challenging hills. There is a portion that twists and turns until you can’t see another runner, and another portion that is wide open trail. Hikers welcome!
Course Map: 25k = 2 loops; 50k = 4 loops
Total Ascent/Descent = 750 feet per loop
Donations benefit Camp Manatoc, home of the Great Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America.
- Fools Long Sleeve Tech Tee (women’s or unisex)
- Fools Triblend Tee (unisex)
- Ohio Endurance Series Lightweight Quarter Zip (unisex) – $10 premium
Awards for each event:
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
29 & Under, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
ENDURANCE ATHLETES OF THE YEAR
Participate in 4 events to qualify and have a chance to be an Ohio Endurance Athlete of the Year! Qualifiers receive a trading card with your photo and Ohio Endurance Series race stats. Awards will be given for the Top 5 Overall, Top 1 Masters, Top 1 Grand Master.
- Early Registration (through March 8)
- 50k – $80
- 25k – $65
- Regular Registration (March 9-28)
- 50k – $90
- 25k – $70
- Late Registration (March 29 – April 8)
- 50k – $95
- 25k – $75
RACE DAY DETAILS
- Start Time:
- 50k – 8:00 A.M. (9 hour cutoff)
- 25k – 8:45 A.M. (8-1/4 hour cutoff) – NOTE NEW START TIME FOR 25K
- Packet Pickup begins at 7:00 A.M. at Camp Manatoc
- Aid Stations (located at Miles 3.5, 6.8, 7.9, 11.4, 14.7, 15.8, 19.3, 22.4, 23.5, 27, and 30.3) will be stocked with water, Coke, Tailwind, and a variety of sweet & salty snacks (pickles, chips, cookies). We encourage all participants to carry water. Hot dogs and veggie dogs will be served at the finish line.
- Drop Bags: Participants may have a drop bag that is accessible at the completion of each loop (approx. miles 8, 16, 24, and 31). Mark your drop bag with your name and bib number and bring it to the start of the race.
- Fools 50k & 25k is part of the Ohio Endurance Series, featuring fully supported trail races of varying distance and difficulty in the best parks throughout Ohio.