Sat, October 7, 2023
Mohican State Park
Trail Marathon & Half Marathon
Part of the Ohio Endurance Series – Hikers Welcome in the Half Marathon!
Looking for more miles and more fun on Ohio’s state park trails? Mo Marathon & Half Marathon’s unique route will allow you to explore several different trails in Mohican State Park.
Beginning and ending right at the lodge, this exciting course is a 13.1 mile loop of rolling hills. Marathoners will experience over 4000 feet of elevation gain (2000 for the Half) and cruise past Lyons Falls and the picturesque covered bridge. Hikers welcome! Cutoff time: 8 hours.
Click here to view the 2023 Mo Fall Marathon course map
Wake up at the start line! To get a special discounted rate at Mohican Lodge, call the reservation line at 419-938-5411 to book your room under the Western Reserve Racing Mo Fall Marathon room block (you will not receive the discount if you book online). A deposit is due at the time the reservation is made, and the deposit is fully refundable up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Mo Short Sleeve Tech Tee (women’s or unisex)
- Mo Triblend Tee (unisex)
- Ohio Endurance Series Lightweight Quarter Zip (unisex) – $10 premium
Awards for each event:
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in the following 5-year age groups:
29 & Under, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
ENDURANCE ATHLETES OF THE YEAR
Participate in 4 events to qualify and have a chance to be an Ohio Endurance Athlete of the Year! Qualifiers receive a trading card with your photo and Ohio Endurance Series race stats. Awards will be given for the Top 5 Overall, Top 1 Masters, Top 1 Grand Master.
- EARLY REGISTRATION (through September 6)
- Marathon – $75
- Half Marathon – $65
- REGULAR REGISTRATION (September 7-26)
- Marathon – $85
- Half Marathon – $70
- LATE REGISTRATION (September 27 – October 7)
- Marathon – $90
- Half Marathon – $75
RACE DAY DETAILS
- START TIME: 8:00 A.M. (8 hour cutoff)
- PACKET PICKUP
- Location: Mohican Lodge (the Aerie Room)
- Friday: 6:00-8:00 P.M.
- Saturday: 6:30-8:00 A.M.
- AID STATIONS located at start/finish and covered bridge (miles 4, 8, 13, 17, 21, 26) will be fully stocked with water, sports drink, gels, pop, and electrolytes, as well as a variety of sweet and salty snacks such as pickles, chips, and cookies. An additional food item will be served at the finish line. All participants are strongly encouraged to carry water.
- DROP BAGS: Marathon participants may have a drop bag that can be accessed at the completion of each loop (miles 13.1 and 26.2). Mark your drop bag with your name and bib number and bring it to the start of the race.
- Mo Fall Marathon & Half Marathon is part of the Ohio Endurance Series, featuring fully supported trail races of varying distance and difficulty in the best parks throughout Ohio.