All are welcome to join this group and the trails are always an adventure. Typically in the summer we have anywhere from 40-70 runners. We keep it interesting by changing up the routes each week. If you don’t know where you are going, no worries, someone will always come back to find you. You can rest assured you will have a fantastic experience. People of all ages attend our runs. Brothers, sisters, children, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles…event pets, they are all welcome!
There is no racing on Thursday nights. It’s just a group of people who really want to get together, enjoy the park and stay fit. We always grab a bite to eat and hang out after the runs as well. It’s a great way to meet new friends and find new running buddies. Whether you are training for a race, or just starting to discover running, this group is great for all runners at all levels. More experienced runners lend advice and help new runners.
CRTR was named one of the 12 top trail running clubs by Trail Runner Magazine! Check out the article here.
The trails are a challenge and an adventure. CRTR allow you to explore the park; cross creeks, climb some rocks, discover wildlife, stop and pause at a waterfall, and more. It really helps you slow down from all the chaos of everyday life and enjoy the fresh air and wonderments of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
If you are a new runner and have any doubts about whether you should try running with us, we encourage you to take the risk. We have all been there before.
Guests/non-members are always welcome at our group runs and events!
– Weekly Thursday Group Run and associated shenanigans.
– Membership to RRCA
– Five Special Group Runs – Easter, Halloween, Corn Maze, Muddy Paws Prediction Run, White Elephant Xmas Party – Members eligible to win prizes, participate in raffles/gift exchanges/etc.
– 15% off at Vertical Runner – your name will be on a list at every store.
– Early Access to Two Special End of Season Sales at Vertical Runner
– Discounted and Free Entries to Area Races.
– CRTR Gear – We plan on adding high quality race gear at an affordable price in 2016 that everyone will be comfortable wearing. We will also have T’s/Hoodies/etc. anything members want.
– CRTR Mileage Club Rewards – starting in 2016, every member will receive a CRTR dog tag style necklace. After every group run, you will receive a pendant. There will be special pendants for special days….with no announcement on which days the special pendants will be handed out. Collect them all!
** Please only sign up as a member if you regularly run with the group. Everyone is welcome on Thursday nights, you do not need to be a member to join CRTR on a run!**