Saturday, November 4th, 8:00 a.m., Burr Oak Lodge
The Bobcat Trail Marathon is a single loop course with rolling hills entirely within Burr Oak State Park, including hiking and bridle trails as well as portions of the Buckeye Trail. Approximately 90% trail and 10% asphalt. This is sure to be a marathon that will challenge you. Course will be well-marked with several creek crossings and will have well-stocked aid stations featuring Tailwind. Join us in the lodge after the race for a party with Jackie O’s Brewery! Discuss your epic accomplishment with fellow Bobcats while enjoying your first draft on us.
NEW Half Marathon distance on the same trails as the Marathon – course coming soon!
Have your family tag along for an awesome Ohio stay-cation! Burr Oak Lodge offers great rooms at reasonable prices. With a restaurant, indoor pool, and plenty of outdoor activities, there is something for your whole crew! We’ve reserved the entire property, but rooms at the lodge are still extremely limited, please call the lodge directly and ask for the Bobcat Marathon room block – (740) 767-2112.
DISTANCES & START TIMES
- 13.1 Miles – 8:30 start
- 26.2 Miles – 8:00 start
- Early Start – An early start option is available for Marathon participants at 7:00am. Headlamps will be required for early starters and the first aid station opens at 8:15am. Early start runners are not eligible for awards.
- Burr Oak Lodge, 10220 Burr Oak Lodge Rd., Glouster, Ohio 45732
- Friday 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Saturday (Race Day) 6:45am to 8:30am
- Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- Half Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- Finisher’s medal, pint glass filled with your fav Jackie O’s draft, car sticker, and a yet to be determined piece of fantastic swag
- Marathon – $85 Early Registration / $90 September 1st through October 15th / $100 October 16th through November 3rd / $110 Race Day
- Half Marathon – $60 Early Registration / $65 September 1st through October 15th / $75 October 16th through November 3rd / $85 Race Day
- 7 hour marathon cut off
- 8 hour marathon cut off with 7:00 early start option
- Please note – early starters are not eligible for awards
- Aid station locations are miles: 3.8, 7 (water only), 9.8, 13, 14.3 (water only), 18.3, and 21. Aid stations will stock Tailwind, water, Soda, gels, chips, pretzels, cookies, PB&J, pickles, bananas and other misc. items.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to carry a water bottle.
- Never drop out of the race by abandoning the course between aid stations and going “home.” If you must drop please report to an Aid Station or Finish Line. Runners who drop without reporting to an Aid Station or Finish Line will not be allowed to participate in future WRR races and/or events.
- The marathon cut off of 7 hours and the 16:02 min/mile pace on the course is strictly enforced. The aid stations close accordingly. If a runner is unable to keep the appropriate pace and is in danger of missing the 8 hour cut off they will be asked to remove themselves from the race. If a runner refuses to do so they will be immediately disqualified and will be on their own for all aid on the race course as well as the finish line should they choose to continue. This cut off is enforced for the safety of the runner as well as the rescue team who would need to search for runners on the course. An early start option is available for those who do not feel as if they can complete the course in the allotted time. Choosing the early start option extends the cutoff to 8 hours an 18:19 min/mile pace.
- If it is determined that any runner cuts the course in any fashion, whether intentional or not, they will immediately be disqualified from the race