Saturday, November 10th, 8:00 a.m., Burr Oak Lodge
The Bobcat Trail Marathon is a single loop course with rolling hills entirely within Burr Oak State Park, including hiking and bridle trails as well as portions of the Buckeye Trail. Approximately 90% trail and 10% asphalt. This is sure to be a marathon that will challenge you. Course will be well-marked with several creek crossings and will have well-stocked aid stations featuring Tailwind. Join us in the lodge after the race for a party with Jackie O’s Brewery! Discuss your epic accomplishment with fellow Bobcats at the Lodge bar after the race.
Half Marathon distance on the same trails as the Marathon – check out the point to point course below!
- Have your family tag along for an awesome Ohio stay-cation! Burr Oak Lodge offers great rooms at reasonable prices. With a restaurant, indoor pool, and plenty of outdoor activities, there is something for your whole crew!
- We’ve reserved the entire property, but rooms at the lodge are still extremely limited, please call the lodge directly and ask for the Bobcat Marathon room block – (740) 767-2112.
- For 2018 we also have a room block at the OU Inn! – Reserve by 9/10/17 866-593-6661
- Additional Bobcat Area Lodging
DISTANCES, START TIMES & START LOCATIONS
- 13.1 Miles – 8:30 start – Shelter House at Dock Area 4, 5250 Beach Rd, Glouster, OH 45732
- 26.2 Miles – 8:00 start – Burr Oak Lodge, 10220 Burr Oak Lodge Rd., Glouster, Ohio 45732
HALF MARATHON TRANSPORTATION
- Please park at the Shelter House at Dock Area 4 start line, address above.
- Shuttle buses will take finishers back to Dock Area 4 from the finish line starting at 10:30a.m.
- The shuttle buses will run every half hour, as needed, until 2:00p.m.
- Half Marathon participants staying at the lodge may take the free shuttle to the start line beginning at 7:00a.m. Last shuttle leaves at 8:00a.m.
- All Participants – Friday 6:00-8:00p.m – Burr Oak Lodge
- Marathon Only – Saturday (Race Day) 7:00-8:00a.m. – Burr Oak Lodge
- Half Marathon Only – Saturday (Race Day) 7:30-8:30a.m. – Shelter House at Dock Area 4
- Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- Half Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- Awards will be handed out about one hour after the first finisher to assure the results will stand.
- Finisher’s medal, car sticker, and gender specific long sleeve tech tee!
- Marathon – $85 Early Registration / $90 September 1st through October 15th / $100 October 16th through November 3rd / $110 Race Day
- Half Marathon – $65 Early Registration / $70 September 1st through October 15th / $75 October 16th through November 3rd / $85 Race Day
- Refund Policy
- Other Policies – Dogs, Strollers, Age Requirements, etc.
- 8 hour marathon cut off, course closes at 4:00p.m
- 5 hour half marathon cut off, course closes at 1:30p.m.
- Marathon – aid station locations are miles: 3.8, 7 (water only), 9.8, 13, 14.3 (water only), 18.3, and 21. Aid stations will stock Tailwind, water, Soda, gels, chips, pretzels, cookies, PB&J, pickles, bananas and other misc. items.
- Half Marathon – aid station locations are miles: 1.3 (water only), 5.3, and 8. Aid stations will stock Tailwind, water, Soda, gels, chips, pretzels, cookies, PB&J, pickles, bananas and other misc. items.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to carry a water bottle.
- Never drop out of the race by abandoning the course between aid stations and going “home.” If you must drop please report to an Aid Station or Finish Line. Runners who drop without reporting to an Aid Station or Finish Line will not be allowed to participate in future WRR races and/or events.
- The marathon cut off of 8 hours and the 18:18 min/mile pace on the course is strictly enforced. The aid stations close accordingly. If a runner is unable to keep the appropriate pace and is in danger of missing the 8 hour cut off they will be asked to remove themselves from the race. If a runner refuses to do so they will be immediately disqualified and will be on their own for all aid on the race course as well as the finish line should they choose to continue. This cut off is enforced for the safety of the runner as well as the rescue team who would need to search for runners on the course.
- If it is determined that any runner cuts the course in any fashion, whether intentional or not, they will immediately be disqualified from the race