Saturday, September 2nd, 7:30 a.m., Camp Manatoc
Part of Tents & Trails, The Midwest Trail Running Festival!
The Spirit of Marnoc (Love of the Outdoors) is said to dwell in the woods of the high plateau at Camp Manatoc. This unique, mostly single-track course is only open for public use once per year! Now is your chance to challenge yourself by exploring the Boy Scout camp’s technical trails. As beautiful as it is difficult, you’ll run through a white pine grove, tons of quick turns and plenty of hills. Just when you’ve had enough, you’ll discover that we saved the best (worst?) hill for the sprint to the finish.
Check out Tents & Trails, The Midwest Trail Running Festival weekend and camping options!
Please note-Dogs and alcohol are not permitted at Camp Manatoc.
Marathon is two loops of 13.1 course
- 26.2 miles (7:30 start)
- 13.1 miles (7:30 start) Part of the Dirty Trail Series
- Friday, September 1st, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
1075 Truxell Road Peninsula, OH 44264
- Race day pickup beginning at 6:00 a.m.
- Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- Half Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female, then 1st place in following 5-year age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70+
- In order to qualify for awards, participants cannot accept any aid from anyone beyond 100 feet of an aid station.
- Marathon and Half Marathon – 3/4 sleeve, poly/cotton blend tee, finishers medal, and 10 Vendor Village raffle tickets.
- Participants who sign up during early or regular registration are guaranteed the advertised swag in their chosen size.
- Participants who sign up during late registration may be offered an alternative swag item.
- Marathon – $75 Early Registration / $85 July 1 – July 31 / $100 August 1 – September 1 / $105 Race Day
- Half Marathon – $55 Early Registration / $65 July 1 – July 31 / $75 Aug 1 – September 1 / $80 Race Day
- Marathon – 8 hour cut off
- Half Marathon – Aid station locations are 1 mile, 3 miles (unmanned water stop), 5 miles, 8 miles, and 12 miles.
- Marathon – Aid stations locations are the same as the half marathon stations listed above and 14 miles, 16 miles (unmanned water stop),18 miles, 21 miles, and 25 miles.
- Aid stations will stock Tailwind, water, Soda, Clif gels, chips, pretzels, cookies, PB&J, pickles, bananas and other misc. items.
- Never drop out of the race by abandoning the course between aid stations and going “home.” If you must drop please report to an Aid Station or Finish Line. Runners who drop without reporting to an Aid Station or Finish Line will not be allowed to participate in future WRR races and/or events. This policy is enforced for the safety of the runner as well as the rescue team who would need to search for runner on the course.
COURSE CUT OFF/DISQUALIFICATION POLICY
- The race cut off of 8 hours and the 18:19/min mile pace on the course is strictly enforced. The aid stations close accordingly. If a runner is unable to keep the appropriate pace and is in danger of missing the cut off they will be asked to remove themselves from the race. If a runner refuses to do so they will be be on their own for all aid on the race course as well as the finish line should they choose to continue. This cut off is enforced for the safety of the runner as well as aid station volunteers.
- If it is determined that any runner cuts the course in any fashion, whether intentional or not, they will immediately be disqualified from the race.