Saturday, March 10th, 8:00 a.m., Mohican State Park Lodge
Looking for more miles and more fun on State Park trails? Mo Marathon and Half Marathon’s unique route will allow you to explore several different trails in Mohican State Park. Beginning and ending right at the Lodge, the new course consists of a 13.1 mile loop. Enjoy the rolling hills and over 4000 feet of elevation gain as you cruise past Lyons Falls. Grab some tailwind and aid from our friendly volunteers at the picturesque Covered Bridge. This event makes a challenging goal race or a perfect tune up for Fools 50k and 25k! Add Mo Marathon to your calendar and look for our State Parks Endurance Series coming in 2019.
Mo Marathon Course Map
- Stay right at Mohican Lodge! The cozy accommodations feature rooms with two double or two queen beds, an indoor pool, and a restaurant & bar.
- Call the lodge reservation line at 1.800.282.7275 and state you are with the race to receive the discounted Mo Marathon group rate.
START TIMES & START LOCATIONS
- Both the Marathon & Half Marathon will start at 8:00 a.m.
- Start/Finish is located at the Mohican State Park Lodge, 4700 Goon Road Perrysville, OH 44864
- Friday 6:00-8:00p.m – Mohican Lodge
- Saturday (Race Day) 7:00-8:00a.m. – Mohican Lodge
- Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- Half Marathon – Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- Awards will be handed out about one hour after the first finisher to assure the results will stand.
- Finisher’s medal, sticker, and a long sleeved, raglan, 50/50 blend, hooded t-shirt – Unisex sizes XS-2XL
- Marathon – $85 Early Registration / $90 January 1st through February 22nd / $100 February 23rd through March 9th / $110 Race Day
- Half Marathon – $65 Early Registration / $70 January 1st through February 22nd / $75 February 23rd through March 9th/ $85 Race Day
- Refund Policy
- Other Policies – Dogs, Strollers, Age Requirements, etc.
- 8 hour marathon cut off, course closes at 4:00p.m
- Marathon – aid stations will be located at the Start/Finish and Covered Bridge – Miles 5, 8, 13, 18, 21, 26
- Half Marathon – aid stations will be located at the Start/Finish and Covered Bridge – Miles 5, 8, 13
- Aid stations will stock Tailwind, water, Soda, gels, chips, pretzels, cookies, PB&J, pickles, bananas and other misc. items.
- An unmanned water station will be located at the Fire Tower – Miles 6, 19. This will be water only, no cups.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to carry a water bottle.
- Never drop out of the race by abandoning the course between aid stations and going “home.” If you must drop please report to an aid station or finish Line.
- Drops can also be reported by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Runners who drop without reporting to an aid Station or finish line will not be allowed to participate in future WRR races and/or events.
- The marathon cut off of 8 hours and the 18.45 min/mile pace on the course is strictly enforced. The aid stations close accordingly. If a runner is unable to keep the appropriate pace and is in danger of missing the 8 hour cut off they will be asked to remove themselves from the race. If a runner refuses to do so they will be immediately disqualified and will be on their own for all aid on the race course as well as the finish line should they choose to continue. This cut off is enforced for the safety of the runner as well as the rescue team who would need to search for runners on the course.
- If it is determined that any runner cuts the course in any fashion, whether intentional or not, they will immediately be disqualified from the race