Sunday, September 6th 2020, 10:00 a.m.
Part of Tents & Trails — The Midwest Trail Running Festival!
Note: We remain confident that the event will go on as planned. If the race cannot be held, you will be provided the option to defer to next year’s event or another WRR event of similar distance/value.
Dirty Duathlon is a Run-Bike-Run solo and relay event, limited to 100 participants, that takes place on the Manatoc trails you love. The trail course will start with a 2.5 mile run segment, followed by a 6.5 mile mountain bike segment, and then finish up with another 2.5 miles of running. Great for beginners looking for a new challenge and experienced athletes alike — grab your trail shoes and lube up your chain for this exciting multi-sport event.
Special thanks to Brent Forrer with All Around Cyclery for his help designing the bike course. Since Brent had a hand in it, you can count on it being a fun and sometimes challenging course!
These are hiking trails and tend to be somewhat rugged. Depending on your bike and skill level, there may be areas where you will want to dismount and walk with your bike until the terrain is more managable.
Please note: Dogs and outside alcohol are not permitted at Camp Manatoc.
|Dirty Duathlon||Solo||2 Person Team|
|Registration through August 26||$65||$35 per person|
|Registration August 27 – September 6||$75||$40 per person|
|Distance||11.5 trail miles – 2.5 mile run, 6.5 mile bike, 2.5 mile run||1st person runs 5 miles, 2nd person bikes 6.5 miles|
|Course Map||2019 Bike Course||2019 Run Course – 2 loops|
|Aid Stations||Water stations will be located at the start/finish transition area, miles 2.5, 9, and 11.5. You are strongly encouraged to carry a water bottle on both courses.|
|Cut Off Time||None|
|Swag||Something awesome TBD* and 10 raffle tickets|
|Start Time||10:00 a.m.|
|Packet Pickup||At Camp Manatoc – Friday 5:30-8:30p.m., Saturday 6:00-9:00a.m. and 12:00-5:00p.m., Sunday beginning at 6:30a.m.|
|Location||Camp Manatoc, 1075 Truxel Road, Peninsula, OH 44264|
|Awards||Top 3 overall male and female, then top 1 in the following age groups: Open, Master, Grandmaster (12 awards total)||Top 3 overall teams, then top 1 in the following categories:|
Male, Female, Co-ed (6 team awards total)
|Facebook Event||For the latest information, follow the Dirty Du Facebook Event Page|
|Refund Policy||View Refund Policy|
|Other Policies||View Other Policies – Dogs, Strollers, Age Requirements, etc.|
*Participants who sign up during early/regular registration are guaranteed the advertised swag in their chosen size. Participants who sign up within two weeks of race day may be offered an alternative swag item.
- Your time starts when you start the race and finishes when you cross the finish line. This means that the time it takes you to switch from running to cycling and back again is part of your race time.
- No cycling in the transition area. You must run or walk your bike out of the transition zone and past the mount line before beginning to ride.
- Only participants, volunteers and race staff are allowed in the transition area. No assistance/crew is allowed.
- Any time you are on the bike, including before and after the race, you are required to wear a helmet and have it buckled. Anyone who unbuckles his/her helmet while on the bike, or who mounts his/her bike with an unbuckled helmet will be disqualified. A good rule of thumb is to buckle your helmet before you take your bike off the rack, and when you finish cycling, wait until you rack your bike before you unbuckle your helmet.
- Headphones are prohibited during this multi-sport event, including the running portion.