Saturday, March 31, 8:00 a.m., Camp Manatoc
Come fool around on the trails with us! The Fools 50K and 25K Trail Run is a favorite among the locals. The location has changed, the fantastic challenging race atmosphere remains the same! The 8 mile loop is 100% trails (you do have to cross a road or two) and is very runnable. It has some highly technical single-track trails and some challenging hills. There is a portion that twists and turns until you can’t see another runner and another portion that is wide-open trail. Any fool can see that this race has something for everyone. Don’t be left for a fool, this race is known to sell out!
Moving this race was a tough decision!
Benefits to holding the event at Manatoc include: A heated shelter, shower houses, abundant parking, beer, easy spectating, hot food, post race social, and private trails. We think you are going to love the trails of Camp Manatoc in the springtime.
Toast your amazing finish and support the Crooked River Chapter of the The Buckeye Trail Association! All runners will be treated to a post-race social with music and hot food! New this year is a beer garden where your purchase of HiHo brews will supports the BTA!
Please note-Dogs and outside alcohol are not permitted at Camp Manatoc.
- 50K – consists of four 8-mile loops (8:00 start)
- 25K – consists of two 8-mile loops (8:45 start)
- Fools Training Run
1 loop of the 8 mile course
Sunday, March 18th, 8:00a.m., Camp Manatoc
- 50K Awards for Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 0-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ (36 awards total)
- 25K Awards for Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 0-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ (36 awards total)
- In order to qualify for awards, participants cannot accept any aid from anyone beyond 100 feet of an aid station.
- Finisher’s medal, sticker, and color blocked sport duffel bag
- Hot post-race food
- 50K – $75 early registration / $90 March 1st through March 30th / $105 race day
- 25K – $60 early registration / $75 March 1st through March 30th / $85 race day
- If you register for the 50K, you may opt for the 25K distance instead but must notify race management before starting the race to be eligible for awards.
- Refund Policy
- Other Policies – Dogs, Strollers, Age Requirements, etc.
- 50k – 9 hour cut off
- 50k – aid stations will be located at the Start/Finish and InterCamp Road – Miles 1, 4, 7.75, 8.75, 11.75, 15.5, 16.5, 19.5, 23.25, 24.25, 27.25, and 31
- 25k – aid stations will be located at the Start/Finish and InterCamp Road – Miles 1, 4, 7.75, 8.75, 11.75, and 15.5
- All aid stations will be fully stocked with fluids (water, Tailwind sports drink, and soda) and an assortment of food (chips, cookies, PB&J sandwiches, gels, etc.).
- A self serve drop bag area will be available at the Start/Finish line – Miles 7.75, 15.5, 23.25, and 31
- Please mark your drop bag clearly with your bib number.
- We are unable to return drop bags that are left at Manatoc after the race.
DROPPING: Never drop out of the race by abandoning the course between aid stations and going “home.” If you must drop please report to an Aid Station or Finish Line. Runners who drop without reporting to an Aid Station or Finish Line will not be allowed to participate in future WRR races and/or events.
DISQUALIFICATION POLICY: The race cut off on the course is strictly enforced. The aid stations close accordingly. If a runner is unable to keep the appropriate pace and is in danger of missing the cut off they will be asked to remove themselves from the race. If a runner refuses to do so they will be immediately disqualified and will be on their own for all aid on the race course as well as the finish line should they choose to continue. This cut off is enforced for the safety of the runner as well as the rescue team who would need to search for runners on the course. If it is determined that any runner cuts the course in any fashion, whether intentional or not, they will immediately be disqualified from the race.