Saturday, December 9th, 8:00 a.m., Salt Fork State Park
The 2017 Bigfoot 50k has been chosen as the Ohio RRCA Ultra Distance Championship Race!
Bigfoot boasts a permanently marked 10.4 mile loop course with rolling hills entirely within Salt Fork State Park, including hiking and bridle trails. The course is marked with pink blazes, permanent wooden signs, and is known for eating trail shoes! Participants will complete a total of three (3) loops for the 50k distance. Over 4,000′ of elevation gain and 4,000′ of elevation loss over the 50K distance.
There will be a total of two (2) aid stations, one at the Start/Finish and one at the approximate 6 mile mark. Both aid stations will have water, ice, pretzels, potato chips, cookies, crackers, candy, soda, and Tailwind. In an effort to minimize paper waste, all participants are strongly encouraged to carry a water bottle. Runners may not accept any aid from anyone (crew, family, friend, moving vehicle, bicycle,) beyond 100’ of an Aid Station.
There are restrooms at both aid station locations. The first aid station is located at the second shower house on Rd. 5 in the direction that you are running the course. The second aid station is located at the Lodge. Restrooms are located within the Lodge on the 4th Floor.
There will be a location for drop bags at the Start/Finish near the aid station. Bring your drop bags with you to the start of the race.
Have your family tag along for an awesome Ohio stay-cation! Salt Fork Lodge offers great rooms at reasonable prices. With a restaurant, indoor/outdoor pool, game room, and plenty of outdoor activities there is something for your whole crew! Give them a call and mention Bigfoot when making your reservation (740) 439-2751
- 50K (7:00 early start not eligible for awards, 8:00 start)
- 10 mile (9:00 start)
- Friday 5:00pm to 7:00pm and Saturday (Race Day) 6:30am to 8:45am both at Salt Fork State Park Lodge, 4th Floor.
- 50K- Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- 10M- Top 3 overall male and female; then top 3 in the following age groups: 39 and under, 40-49, 50 and over. (24 awards total)
- No duplicate awards.
- 50K – Finisher’s medal, gender specific long-sleeve shirt (style TBD)
- 10M – Finisher’s medal, gender specific short sleeve tech shirt
- 50K – $70 Early Registration / $80 Nov 1st through Nov 30th / $95 Dec 1st through Dec 7th / Dec 8th to Race Day $110
- 10M – $45 Early / $50 Nov 1st through Nov 30th / $55 Dec 1st through Dec 7th / $60 Dec 8th to Race Day
REFUND POLICY: No refund of entry fees once you are registered for the race.
DROPPING: Never drop out of the race by abandoning the course between aid stations and going “home.” If you must drop please report to an Aid Station or Finish Line. Runners who drop without reporting to an Aid Station or Finish Line will not be allowed to participate in future WWR races and/or events.
DISQUALIFICATION POLICY: The race cut off of 8 hours and the 15:27 min/mile pace on the course is strictly enforced. The aid stations close accordingly. If a runner is unable to keep the appropriate pace and is in danger of missing the 8 hour cut off they will be asked to remove themselves from the race. If a runner refuses to do so they will be immediately disqualified and will be on their own for all aid on the race course as well as the finish line should they choose to continue. This cut off is enforced for the safety of the runner as well as the rescue team who would need to search for runners on the course. An early start option is available for those who do not feel as if they can complete the course in the allotted time. Choosing the early start extends the cutoff to 9 hours a 17:22 min/mile pace. If it is determined that any runner cuts the course in any fashion, whether intentional or not, they will immediately be disqualified from the race