Saturday, July 28, 2018 4:00 a.m., Squires Castle
Burning River 100 is Sponsored by:
8 Person teams are now SOLD OUT! No new teams are being accepted. Runners can still register to join existing teams.
If you are interested in adding a team to the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Burning River Endurance Run & Relay is an exciting 100 and 50 mile solo run and 100 mile relay held in Northeast Ohio. The race travels through several of the region’s most scenic areas, including the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Cleveland Metroparks and the Summit Metro Parks.
Starting at Squire’s Castle in Willoughby Hills, the 100 mile run and relay follow the scenic Cuyahoga River Valley Corridor through the Cleveland Metroparks, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and Summit Metroparks before finishing in Downtown Cuyahoga Falls. The 50 mile distance option also begins and Squire’s Castle and finishes at Boston Mills Ski Resort located in Peninsula, Ohio.
Looking for lodging? BR will once again partner with the Sheraton in Cuyahoga Falls. 2018 lodging details are now available!
- 100M (4:00 a.m. start)
- 50M (5:00 a.m. start)
- 50M Back Half (6:00 p.m. start)
- 4 and 8 person 100M relay (6:00 a.m. start)
- Subject to change
- Squires Castle (Start) to Polo Fields (11.5 miles)
- Polo Fields to Egbert (15 miles)
- Egbert to Ottawa Point (15.7 miles)
- Ottawa Point to Boston Mills (8.5 miles)
- Boston Mills to Ledges (16.2 miles)
- Ledges to Pine Hollow II (9.6 miles)
- Pine Hollow II to Botzum Parking lot (16.1 miles)
- Botzum to Finish (9.6 miles)
- 4 person team members can run consecutive sections or choose to alternate legs. Example: RunnerA on a four person team may choose to run legs 1 & 5, RunnerB may run leg 2, RunnerC may run leg 3 and 6 and RunnerD may run legs 4, 7, and 8.
- Friday, July 27th, 2:00-8:00p.m.
1989 Front St., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
- 100M – Short sleeved Ogio tech tee, Buff Original Headwear, Utraspire C2 collapsible cup, 2018 Burning River poster and BR sticker
- 50M – Short sleeved Ogio tech tee, Buff Original Headwear, and BR sticker
- Relay – Short sleeved Ogio tech tee, and BR sticker
- 100, 50M and 50M Back Half – 1st -5th Overall Male and Female
- Top 1 in the following 10 year age groups: 0-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Relay – Relay Awards for Top 1 Men’s Team, Women’s Team, and Co-Ed Team for 4 and 8 person teams.
Female participants must run at least 25% of the segments to be considered for Co-ed awards.
- 100M – All finishers within the 30 hour time limit will receive a modern belt buckle that can also be worn as a pendant. This one-of-kind special design is one you’ll be proud to wear!
- 50M – All finishers within the 15 hour time limit with receive a 50M medal.
- 50M Back Half – All finishers within the 16 hour time limit will receive a 50M Back Half Medal.
- Relay – All teams finishing within the 28 hour time limit will receive relay medals for each team member.
- 100M – $210 Early Bird Registration through Dec 31st / $240 Jan 1st through April 30th / $275 May 1st through June 30th / $315 Late Registration July 1st through Race Day
- 50M/50M Back Half – $125 Early Bird Registration through Dec 31st / $145 Jan 1st through April 30th / $170 May 1st through June 30th / $195 Late Registration July 1st through Race Day
- 4 Person Relay Team Member* – $95 Early Bird Registration through Dec 31st / $100 Jan 1st through April 30th / $110 May 1st through June 30th / $120 Late Registration July 1st through Race Day
- 8 Person Relay Team Member* – $60 Early Bird Registration through Dec 31st / $70 Jan 1st through April 30th / $80 May 1st through June 30th / $90 Late Registration July 1st through Race Day
8 Person Relay Teams are SOLD OUT. Runners can still register to join existing teams but no new teams are being accepted. If you are interested in adding a team to the waiting list, please email email@example.com
- Want to waive your registration fees? Raise funds for our local trails! See details below.
*Please note – This pricing is per person. Team members register and pay individually.
RACE REGISTRATION CAPS
- 100M – 275
- 50M – 250
- 50M Back Half – 170
- 8 Person Relay Teams – 55 SOLD OUT
- 4 Person Relay Teams – 30
Interested in waiving your registration fees by raising funds for The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Cleveland Metroparks, and Summit Metro Parks Foundation? You can choose to become a fundraiser during registration.
PEER TO PEER FUNDRAISING OPTION
Fundraisers can waive their registration fees by raising money for our local parks! This year you don’t have to pick your favorite – all funds raised will be split between the 3 park systems.
Sign up to raise funds for the Conservancy for the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Cleveland Metroparks, and Summit Metro Parks Foundation and help ensure quality Ohio trails for years to come.
- 100M – $500
- 50M – $275
- Relay Team Members – $200 per member
- Fundraising minimums must be met prior to starting the race.
- Solo – entrants may receive 50% refund of entry fee but must notify race management no later than May 31, 2018. No transfers between participants.
- Relay – No refunds of entry fees. There will be a $25 fee to process team member transfers. Maximum 2 transfers per team.